Keeping You Safe – The New Normal at FretwellBennett
We’re OPEN! What to Expect at FretwellBennett Salon in Manchester
During lockdown, we were busy preparing the salon for the “new normal”, putting in place a host of new features designed to keep our team and clients safe and well.
You can rest assured that the whole FretwellBennett team are up-to-date on all social distancing and hygiene requirements during your long-awaited hair appointments.
The Latest Update: September 2020
As you can imagine, these guidelines are regularly being updated by the Government so please rest assured that we also update our procedures at the same time. As of September 11th 2020, there are some new rules we need to make you aware of. These are:
Food & Drink
Hot or cold drinks can be served to clients as long as they are provided in disposable cups or bottles. Food is NOT allowed to be consumed in a hair salon or barbershop and clients are only allowed to remove their face mask or covering to take sips of their drink.
Track & Trace
Taking part in the NHS Track & Trace will be mandatory from 18th September 2020 which is why we have to keep a record of all our clients. When you visit, please help us by providing your name and contact phone number.
The “New Normal” at FretwellBennett
You can still expect the same fantastic service from your FretwellBennett stylist, but you will see fewer other clients when you arrive at the salon. This is because our team will be working in shifts over longer hours so that we can accommodate as many of you as possible while maintaining the required social distance.
Our team will be wearing masks, visors, goggles and gloves for everyone’s protection and we will be taking their temperature regularly over the course of the day.
All staff understand that it is VITAL that they self-isolate if they experience any Coronavirus symptoms and that they do not come into the salon. Likewise, clients experiencing Coronavirus symptoms must stay at home and contact us to reschedule their appointments. We will use a no-touch thermometer to record temperatures on arrival.
We request that you wear a mask when you visit the salon, but if you do not have one, these will be available for purchase. We have invested in lots of PPE for our team as well as making layout and procedure changes in the salon.
Here’s a summary of what we are doing to keep you safe during your visit:
Appointments will need to be booked in advance. We may contact you for a consultation over the phone beforehand so we can discuss your hair needs and minimise time spent in discussion during your appointment.
We politely ask if you are bringing any personal belongings to the salon these are kept to a minimum. Should you arrive early for your appointment, please be aware clients will not be able to wait inside the salon due to social distancing, therefore you may be asked to return to the salon at your scheduled appointment time.
Download Our Free App
We will ask you to download our new app that will allow automated appointment check-in and touchless payments. The FretwellBennett app will also ask you to complete a COVID questionnaire. We will text or call you if we are running late; this will allow us to maintain social distancing.
What Your Service Will Look Like…
- You will receive an end-to-end service from your stylist, including hair washing and payment. Your stylist will be waiting for you on arrival.
- You will be offered limited beverages whilst in the salon and magazines have been removed.
- Refreshments will no longer be served. You are welcome to bring your own refreshments and reading material.
- If you do not have a mask, you will be asked to purchase one at the salon. These are available for £1 (cost price).
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival. Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the salon including in the reception and at every chair.
- You will be given a disposable gown on arrival. We will ask you to put this in a waste bin at the end of your visit.
- You will be ushered to your chair, which will be in an individual “pod”, separated from adjacent chairs by floor to ceiling plastic screens.
- Your chair and surrounding area will have been thoroughly sanitised before your arrival. Each stylist will be working from two chairs, allowing the one not in use to be deep cleaned between clients.
- We will be using disposable paper towels during your appointment, which will be placed in the bin at the end of the appointment.
- There will be gaps between client appointments to allow time for cleaning and to maintain social distance.
- We have marked out walkways across the salon, which will allow you to access necessary areas without going near to other clients.
- We have invested in new sterilising units, and all stylists will have two full sets of equipment to ensure they will always have a freshly disinfected comb, brush, clips etc. for each client.
- Our assistants have been redeployed to limit client contact with team members. They will be assisting with salon disinfection processes, including door handles, styling stations, reception, card machines and toilet areas.
- To limit numbers, we request that clients come into the salon alone (unless the appointment is for a child or someone who requires a carer).
Our New Opening Hours
We are planning to open at the following times to accommodate as many appointments as possible as safely as we can:
Monday 10 – 8
Tuesday 10 – 6
Wednesday 10 – 8
Thursday 10 – 8
Friday 10 -6
Saturday 9 – 5
Sunday 10 -5
We look forward to seeing you all soon.